Fitness Guidelines for Members
Guidelines to follow when using the Fitness Centre.
Please ensure you read this information thoroughly before visiting the Fitness Centre. All the measures detailed below are based on government guidance and our own risk assessments.
The safety of our staff and members is our number one priority, and even though things will be a little different due to our socially distanced procedures in accordance with government guidelines, please feel assured that you will be able to enjoy your fitness session in a safe and secure environment.
In the interest of safety please do not enter the Fitness Centre if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, are feeling unwell or have been in contact with anyone who might have shown symptoms of COVID-19. Please wash your hands using the hand washing and sanitising stations provided around the facility.
Step 3 of indoor leisure from 17th May 2021
Following the Prime Ministers announcement on 10th May, it was confirmed England will move to Step 3 from the 17th May meaning organised adult indoor group sports and exercise classes can resume.
If you are attending a class, Members are to arrive 10 minutes before the start of the class.
If you are attending a gym or swim session, Members are to arrive 3 minutes before the session is due to begin.
We will not be able to allow any Members into the Fitness Centre for their booked activity until their class, gym or swim session is due to start.
- All activities must be booked online or over the phone prior to visiting the fitness centre.
- Activities can be booked 7 days in advance, cancellation rules remain in place, with at least 2 hours’ notice to be given prior to cancellations.
- Arrive ready for your booked session to reduce the use of changing rooms and shower at home where possible.
- We will be limiting the number of members in certain areas of the club.
- All activities will have maximum numbers allocated.
- We have implemented a one-way system (where possible) so we can maintain social distancing guidelines in all areas of the fitness centre.
- We welcome and appreciate your feedback, this can be done via email or over the phone to avoid interaction, but where this may be unavoidable, we have installed protective ‘sneeze screens’ at Reception.
- Hand sanitiser stations are located at Reception and throughout the Club.
- Enhanced cleaning schedules are in place to maintain high levels of hygiene, particularly across high contact points in the club.
- Members to check the Phyllis Court website or contact the fitness centre directly for timetable updates, user guidance and booking instructions.
- The duration of gym and pool sessions are 50 minutes, to allow a 10-minute window for members to safely enter/exit the building between sessions.
- Members to arrive on time for using the gym/pool.
- Floor signage to indicate one-way system for moving around the facility.
- Face masks will not be mandatory for staff unless it is required specifically for their role.
- Queue management system in place prior to entering the building – 2m markings on the floor.
- We will maximise ventilation and air flow in all areas of the gym/studio and swimming pool by using air conditioning and opening windows.
- Personal Trainers will be operating and will be required to maintain social distancing.
- Please follow the floor markings and signs on your arrival. There are signs guiding you towards your booked activity when entering the reception area.
- Always keep 2 metres between yourselves and others throughout your visit to the fitness centre.
- To stay hydrated, bring your own “prefilled” water bottle to the fitness centre and, if possible, bring your own yoga mat.
- We ask that all members make sure they wipe down their equipment and area with the D10 product that has been provided. This is an approved product suitable to combat the COVID-19 virus.
- Changing rooms and lockers will be available; however, we will have a reduced volume of lockers available to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- We advise you to arrive dressed for your booked session and to shower at home.
- All our bookable sessions have been timed to reduce the number of people we have in the building at one time. This is to adhere to the government guidelines to protect our members and our staff.
- You can book 1 gym session in one day and we ask you to arrive and leave on time.
- A consecutive gym and swim session can be booked but we ask members to leave the building between each of these sessions, to scan in for their next activity and to use the correct entrance as signified by signage.
- Classes are bookable 7 days in advance. Booking system opens at 8:00am each day.
- Classes will still be operating under reduced capacity at this time following government guidelines.
- If members are unable to book onto a class you will have access to the recorded versions of classes from our 'Zoom Class Library'
- You can book 1 swim session in a day, and you should “arrive swim ready” and plan to shower at home to reduce time spent in the changing rooms.