Fitness Guidelines for Members
Guidelines to follow when using the Fitness Centre.
We have been working hard to ensure the Fitness Centre remains a safe environment for all. Please read this information thoroughly before visiting the Fitness Centre. All the measures detailed below are based on government guidance and our own risk assessments.
- Please do not enter the Fitness Centre if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, feel unwell or have been in contact with anyone who might have symptoms.
- All activities must be booked online or over the phone prior to visiting the Fitness Centre. Class, gym and swim bookings open at 8am, one week in advance
- To ensure all Members have the opportunity to use the facilities you are not permitted to book back-to-back sessions. Multiple sessions can be booked on the same day but there must be at least a three hour gap between sessions.
- Late arrival may result in you losing your booking or being refused entry to a class. You may lose your booking rights if you regularly cancel or forget to cancel bookings more than once.
- Adhere to the 2m markings on the floor outside the building when entering.
- Please follow the floor markings and signs on arrival. There are signs guiding you towards your booked activity when entering the Reception area.
- We advise to arrive dressed for your booked session and be prepared to shower at home.
- We are limiting the number of Members in certain areas of the Fitness Centre and all activities will have maximum numbers allocated.
- We have implemented a one-way system (where possible) to maintain social distancing in all areas of the Fitness Centre.
- We welcome and appreciate your feedback, this can be done via email or over the phone to avoid interaction, but where this may be unavoidable, we have installed protective screens.
- Please use the hand sanitiser that is located throughout the Fitness Centre.
- Class occupancy has been reduced to allow for social distancing.
- Staff will sanitise equipment and high contact points after every session.
- Check the website or contact the Fitness Centre directly for timetable updates, user guidance and booking instructions.
- The duration of gym and pool sessions is 45minutes, with a 15 minute break between sessions to allow for thorough cleaning.
- Members to arrive 15 minutes before the start of a class, and on time for using the gym and pool.
- Face masks are not mandatory for staff, unless their role requires them.
- There are reduced hours for overnight deep cleaning.
- Keep 2 metres between yourself and others at all times.
- Ventilation is maximised in all areas of the gym/ studio and swimming pool (through air conditioning and windows) to ensure the circulation of fresh air.
- Personal Trainers are operating and are required to maintain social distancing.
- To stay hydrated, bring your own “prefilled” water bottle to the Fitness Centre
- Please bring your own yoga mat if you have one
- Changing rooms are in use and there are a reduced number of lockers available.
- All bookable sessions have been timed in order to reduce the number of people in the building at one time. This is to adhere to the government guidelines and to protect Members and staff.